Our Team Program is for young girls between the ages of 6 and 18 years old with a high level of dedication to the sport, positive attitude, exceptional athletic ability, and demonstrated desire to learn and succeed in gymnastics. While a majority of our team members come from our Pre-Team Program,The Mights, we also extend a hand to any gymnast to try out our program. We hope our talented young ladies enjoy the years of rigorous training, and feel a great pride for Mini-Hops each time they compete with us.
The Mini-Hops Team Program is dedicated to providing the coaching excellence required to develop an array of individual and group characteristics among its team gymnasts. In teaching and conditioning our young people to execute great athletic skills, we strive also to:
- Create a powerful sense of pride and self-confidence
- Develop a strong sense of team and a genuine, open support for others to do well
- Develop the ability to challenge one’s self and focus on achieving one’s personal best
- Develop happy, healthy, athletes with strong gymnastics technique and skill
- Cultivate a good-sport attitude including personal grace in the face of disappointment and gratitude when accepting awards for great success
- Recognize, enjoy and celebrate successes big and small
- Respect organized gymnastics and the traditions of the institution
- Teach respect for teammates, coaches, Mini-Hops staff and families
- Build life-long friendships and family connections
- Learn life skills such as time management, self discipline, and healthy living
- Create mentally and physically well prepared gymnasts that compete well, as well as being good people.
The Team Program consists of a very special group of athletes and families. By choosing to become part of the Team at Mini-Hops, you will be given the opportunity to enjoy a unique experience with other Team families and coaches that often lasts a lifetime.
If the opportunity presents itself for your daughter to become a part of our Team, you are asked to accept the responsibilities and commitments inherent in competitive athletics. You are entering the program with the assumption that your child will compete in gymnastics for Mini-Hops-therefore, the gymnast’s physical preparation is the most important to us. Gymnastics is not like other sports where children can compete successfully at a high level, improving each year, without training year round. We evaluate the girls on a regular basis, starting with the families and gymnasts commitment, as well as the gymnast’s attendance, mastery of current skill level, attitude, strength, flexibility, goals, work ethic, and emotional and psychological readiness. This sport requires more time and energy than most other sports in order to see success and stay safe! Training each different event is like training a different sport! Repetition is the key to gymnastics!
If you have any questions, concerns, or an interest in our Team Program, please contact Cristina Eligio for information about our Compulsory Team (Levels 3-5) or Optional Team (Levels 6-10); or call Mini-Hops at (952) 933-2452 for more information.
2018-19 School Year Practice Schedule
|Groups 4a & 5||4:00-8:00||4:00-8:00||4:00-8:00||1:30-5:30|